Tuesday 10 April 2012

A little explanation about dieting

I'm back.
And this time I'm back for good.



I'm starting a new diet made by a doctor tomorrow.


- This new doctor of mine explained that our bodies are programmed to live for sunlight: this means that once the sun goes down your body is programmed to rest. Therefor, you shouldn't eat much at dinner, since you won't burn any of it.


- Also, you are supposed to eat carbs as early in the day as possible, this meaning breakfast and lunch. Your body will be active in the morning and the afternoon, therefore, you need to eat carbs before that to burn them, and not afterwards.


- Fruit and vegetables are obviously important and they should fill a big part of your diet, specially in the latest meals


- Dairys are also important and, like carbs, you should eat them as early as possible


- If you really want a sweet, cake, cookie, etc, have it with or breakfast and lunch, for the reasons above. Atention, though! Have it WITH yout breakfast and lunch and not INSTEAD.




My diet


BREAKFAST
- Fruit
- Carbs: Bread (cereal or brown) with ham or jelly OR Muesli Cereal
- Milk OR Yogurt


MORNING SNACK
- Fruit OR Coffee with milk OR Yogurt (these last few if I haven't had milk or yogurt for breakfast)


LUNCH
- Soup
- Proteins: White meat, eggs or fish
- Some carbs: Rice, potatoes or bread
- LOTS of vegetables
- Fruit


AFTERNOON SNACK
- Fruit OR Yogurt OR Cereal Bar


DINNER
- Soup
- Fruit
(Also allowed to eat fish with vegetables)






Rules


- Eat only in front of other people
  This is really important. I feel like I've been losing control and done a lot of emotional eating, I don't want that turning into an habit.


- Swim every day of the working week




And, for now, this is it! I'm doing this starting tomorrow and 'till the end of the month. Let's see how it goes!


Any other suggestions?












3 comments:

  1. It sounds sensible, although I kind of question the doctor's sun-thingie. Where I come from, during the summer we've got sun 24/7, and during the winter we don't even see the sun and only have daylight 2-3 hours at most:P But the diet looks great, good luck babes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, yeah, you're right ^^ I wrote a pretty detailed post about the maths behind weight loss, if you're interested :) http://thebirdinthegarden.blogspot.com/2012/02/column-1-maths.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to keep the rules simple. Too often we over complicate things I think. I'm training for a half marathon in the fall and am trying to wrap my brain around just how much food I really need to be eating to keep my body strong for this. 500cals is a nicer number then 2000. Eeek! And I'm trying to lose 50bls. ~sigh~ Anyway Good like this month!

      Delete